Connect to VitoSpace

Ready for even more adventure? Check out VitoSpace.

Sunday, January 5, 2014

I've rediscovered Blogger.com!

Jeez...I didn't know this was a Google deal. I don't think it was when I first signed up, but I can't remember now. Google is taking over the world.

Anyhow, this blog seems to have way more features than Tumblr, so maybe I'll start using it. I like the fact that it puts a timestamp on posts. Tumblr doesn't do that. Also, the composer is way more hip — colored fonts, underline, highlighting (colored background), quoting, numbered and bullet lists, alignment, direct insertion of videos, font selection...that's way more civilized than the impoverished options Tumblr offers.

Another nice feature is the chronological index of blog posts over on the right. Way cool!

It's also more intuitive. Tumblr seems to have succumbed to the Minimalist Chic™ syndrome, where nothing is labeled and there are no screen tips to help you figure out what the various features are.

I do like the look of the blog over at Tumblr, but this one is a pretty close match. Maybe I'll just repost my Tumblr stuff here and see how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment